Boys High, built in 1924, was designed by Phillip Schultz. After merging with Tech and Girls’ High, it was renamed for Henry W. Grady, proponent of the New South and editor of the Atlanta Constitution. Fittingly, it was one of the first high schools to admit African-American students in 1961. Today Grady encompasses four small learning academies, producing leaders from diverse backgrounds drawn from neighborhoods across the northeast sector of the city.
Grady High School
929 Charles Allen Drive, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Atlanta Public Schools website: www.atlanta.k12.ga.us.