All residents of the Morningside-Lenox Park neighborhood benefit from the added security provided by the Morningside Security Patrol (MSP). The security patrol which is staffed by off-duty Atlanta Police Officers, is funded by Security Plus memberships.
The primary purpose of the MSP is to augment our regular services from the Atlanta Police Department (APD) and home security systems. All residents enjoy the added security afforded by the MSP:
1) Increased Neighborhood Security: The MSP provides regular patrols each week and adds additional shifts during the traditional high-crime months or on an as-needed basis. Since MSP Officers are drawn from the APD, they are able to intervene in suspicious activities and crimes in progress. In most cases, when crimes occur during an MSPshift, the MSPofficers have been first responders to any 911 and/or non-emergency calls coming through APD’s Zone 2 Dispatch.
Each MLPA Security Plus Membership pays for approximately one MSP shift. More MLPA Security Plus Members mean more MSP shifts!
2) Special Events: The Morningside Security Patrol assists the neighborhood with security and traffic management for events. MLPA’s Annual Celebration of Summer event.
3) Crime Reports & Security Alerts: Members of MLPA and the MLPA’s Neighborhood Watch Program receive regular crime reports for Morningside and the surrounding business areas.
Besides this, MLPA members receive SECURITY ALERTS as needed. This is a near-real-time notification of immediate potential threats or criminal activity in the neighborhood.
In addition, MLPA Security Plus members can have the MLPA Security Patrol check on their home when they are away!
Vacation Coverage: MLPA Security Plus Members may request that the MSP check on their homes whenever they are away for a protracted period of time. There are several ways to request this service:.
- Complete the Online Form
- Call and leave a message: (404) 308-2304*
- Send an email to MorningsidePatrol@gmail.com*
PLEASE give as much advance (3-5 days) notice as possible. Remember to alert the officers about any cars that will be left in your driveway, visitors that may be entering your home while you are absent, contractors that may be doing work, etc.
Upon your return you will receive a report detailing the officer visits to your property.
If you want more information on the Morningside Security Patrol, please contact Bob Silvia, our security chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NOTE: If you email or phone in your request for a vacation patrol, please provide the following information:
2) Cars left in the driveway
3) Visitors we may see at your house (contractors, kids, neighbors, etc.)
4) Emergency contacts numbers