- About Us
- Contact Us
Morningside Security Patrol
Residents of the Morningside-Lenox Park neighborhood benefit from the added security of the Morningside Security Patrol (MSP), which is staffed by off-duty Atlanta Police Officers.
The primary purpose of the MSP is to augment our regular services from the Atlanta Police Department (APD) and Home Security Systems. Members of MLPA have access to the following services from Morningside Security Patrol:
1. Vacation coverage: The Morningside Security Patrol will check on the homes of MLPA members whenever they are out of town or away from their homes for any protracted period of time. There are Four (4) ways to submit the dates of leaving/returning, cars in your driveway, contracted workers, visitors, etc.
- Complete the Online Form
- Call and leave a message: (404) 308-2304
- Send an email to MorningsidePatrol@gmail.com
PLEASE give as much advance (3-5 days) notice as possible.
2. Weekly Crime Report & Security Alerts: Members of MLPA receive a weekly crime report for Morningside and the surrounding business areas we frequent. In addition, MLPA members receive SECURITY ALERTS as needed. This is a near-real-time notification of immediate potential threats or criminal activity in the neighborhood.
3. Increased Neighborhood Security: The Morningside Security Patrol currently supports 16 shifts a week and adds additional shifts during the traditional high-crime months or on an as-needed basis. Morningside Security Patrol Officers are known for intervening in suspicious activities and crimes in progress. In most cases, when crimes occur during a Morningside Security Patrol shift, the Morningside Security Patrol officers have been first responders to any 911 and/or non-emergency calls coming through APD’s Zone 2 Dispatch.
One household MLPA membership pays for approximately one MSP shift. More MLPA members means more MSP shifts.
4. Special Events: The Morningside Security Patrol assists the neighborhood with security and traffic management for events that may close streets or require security. Ex. MLPA’s Annual Celebration of Summer event.
If you want more information on the Morningside Security Patrol, please contact Bob Silvia, our security chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* NOTE: If you email or phone in your request for a vacation patrol, please provide the following information:
1. Date & time of your departure and arrival
2. Cars left in the driveway
3. Visitors we may see at your house
4. Emergency contacts numbers